Sunday 2 March 2014

Squares, squares and more squares = Store layouts!

Using the measurements given in the honours brief (15mx15x5m) , my task is to create 10 initial store layouts and identify the one exterior shape that I feel would work best for this project.

First stop I thought was to to research into how Anthrolopogie plan their store layouts, and how their customers are lead around the store. I found a very interesting website http://www.pompeiad.com/work/anthropologie

Pompei A.D were commissioned in 1992,  by Anthropologie to develop their concepts for instore environments. I found this very interesting as Anthropologie use the store to create small sections / enviroments to not only entice their customers but also to enhance further sales.

 I am very intrigued by this and feel that could work really well with my theme of cancer cells. Below is a series of inspiring images which have been placed within my interiors sketchbook.




I have also taken into the account during the design process of the store layout. I have figured that if the layout of my store is very complicated, my ideas of introducing small interactive areas may not work as well. I have not completely dismissed the use of an unusual store layout shape but I feel the simpler the better.






Above are examples of store plan layouts. A colour and symbol key indicates were certain features will be within the store and I have also added a piece of acetate over the top of the layout to indicate customer circulation and how they will interact with the features within the store to.

I also thought about two storey store designs too. I could expand the features within the store over two floors - again I have used a colour and symbol key to indicate features such as window displays, in store displays, and also cash and wrap desks. A circulation plan has also been added to .


So now the task of deciding which layout I feel will best work for my brand - 'Anthrolopogie' and I will then develop this further via paper mock ups and in both google sketch up and AutoCAD.

Exciting times ahead!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10