Wednesday 9 April 2014

Meeting Claire Basik.....


'Putting on a brave face' by Claire Basik.
Today I met with photographer Claire Basik, to discuss a future collaboration with each other.

Claire , like myself has the personal experience of loosing a parent to cancer. She also based her own honours project on her experience and feelings and this was entitled 'Manipulated cells' - diary of a cancer suffers daughter.

Claire gained publications in several magazines and this is a link to her blog, which Claire wrote during her mother's battle and I can understand and relate to her feelings and thoughts during this time.

http://manipulatedcells.wordpress.com/2013/07/

'Looking at the bigger picture' - by Claire Basik.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/basiukphotography/6185404195/in/photostream/ - This is the link for Claire's photo stream on flicker.

 Each image i see of hers, reflects the exact same feelings that I too have and do feel.
'Drowning under work load' by Claire Basik
At the moment this picture truly sums up how I feel, with managing a young family, the final honours project and deadlines looming alongside dealing with the grief and adjustment of life after dads passing.

So back to today, since leaving university Claire is now a freelance photographer and through posting an advert on twitter, she answered my call for help! 

In particular, I am drawn to Claire's images from a shoot she took to promote Charlotte Hudders, who is a silk designer and has recently launched a series of scarfs.

Image from photoshoot for Charlotte Hudders - Claire Basik photography
To me the images that she produce a feeling that they are from an 'Anthropology' catalogue.
Image from photoshoot for Charlotte Hudders - silk accessories - Claire Basik Photography

After a few cups of tea , Claire and I have developed a time plan and are going to be working together in the next week to produce the images for my photo shoot. I myself are very excitied as Claire had some fantastic ideas for my projects and she also gave me some further ideas for this project. 

Thank you Claire for your company today! Cake next time :)

Claire has very kindly allowed me to use her images within my blog so a very big THANK YOU !!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10