Wednesday 16 April 2014

Exhibit!! - Concept for the exhibition stand

As part of one of the modules for this year, an exhibition stand is to be designed alongside the honours project.

The brief is to design an exhibition stand which will give be exhibited at London Fashion Week (LFW) 2015. The exhibition stand will give the public in sight to the proposal which is my honours project.

I began by researching into different structures and types of exhibition stand, and also the types of stands that have been used previously at LFW. I have created a pinterest board that has a wide variety of inspiration images and also information to help guide this project forward.

Initial sketches of my designs have been very loose and not very focused , however once I had spoken to my tutor regarding the brief and  also reflected upon my visit to the Manchester Institute, I began to produce more focused ideas & concepts.

I have been inspired by the shape of a test tube - this is vital instrument within cancer research and I have developed a series of ideas for the exhibition stand based on this shape.

The images below show a variety of concept sketches and the development of the sketches using google sketch up and hand sketching.

Concept sketch1  for exhibition stand

Inspiration images board

Concept sketch 2 for exhibition stand

Concept sketch 3  for exhibition stand

Concept sketch for exhibition stand

Concept sketches & mini mock ups - Using layout paper to also figure out measurements & spacing

Development of concept sketch 1 in google sketchup and tracing paper

Development of concept sketch 1 in google sketchup and tracing paper

Development of concept sketch 1 in google sketchup and acetate



Development of concept sketch 2 in google sketchup and acetate



Development of concept sketch 3 in google sketchup and tracing paper

Development of concept sketch 2 in google sketchup and tracing paper

Mood & theme board to keep on target

I am now starting to develop further concept sketch 2 as I feel this is best suited to the theme and also connects with the final design for the store.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10