Wednesday 26 February 2014

Presenting the retail brand - Anthrolopologie!!



After a long hard think about which retail brand I am going to use within my honours project - I finally have decided upon 'Anthrolopologie'!

Anthrolopologie is a multi-channel lifestyle brand, that sells women's clothing, accessories, gifts and home decor.

Owned by Urban Outfitters, Inc who also operated Urban outfitters, Freepeople and Terrain. The store was  founded by Richard Hayne and was first opened in Wayne, Pennsylvania in 1992.

The brand is a known world wide with over 180 stores throughout both America and Europe, with  3 of the stores located within in the UK (2 in London and 1 in Edinburgh).

The store is famed for its highly imaginative in store fixtures and elaborate window displays, who are created by a team of in-house visual merchandisers and display artists.

I was intrigued as I had often seen these elaborate windows advertised throughout the creative industry via Pinterest and Style guide amongst others.  Recycled materials are a key feature within the displays and beautiful objects / displays are often produced from the most mundane of things. 

Recycled Cork display in collaboration with  Cork Forest Conservation Alliance for Earth Day


Green bottles

Recycled 'teabags'

I began to divulge further into Anthrolopologie and to see how I could link this retail brand with my own honours project. Upon researching the word 'Anthrolopogie' I discovered that this means the following:-

'The word anthropologist means someone who studies human cultures. They investigate all aspects of human growth and cultural interaction, development levels, and regional differences to better understand how we relate to each other and what the future holds for us. To do this job, it helps to have some curiosity, and a high level of patience.'

I felt that this was such a good idea to use this brand within my project as my theme for it is Cancer cells and their behvaiour.

So onwards I must go to dig deeper and research further …..





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10