Thursday 20 February 2014

Hitting the ground running!

Organising and holding dad's funeral has been a very heard yet emotional fulfilling time. From designing and printing the orders of service, to organising the wake / party afterwards. I loved every minute of it and so glad I have done it too.

                                                                   Order of Service




A memory tree proved to be such a hit everyone, writing down their memories that they shared with dad and I also made a simple table covering of photographs of him. The effect was brilliant and the comments that I received of how thoughtful it was really helped with the process.

                                                   Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration :)

                                                http://www.pinterest.com/nikkijph84/dad-xxxx/

Table cloth & memory table

Dad's memory tree


Now its time to hit the ground running. 

The inspiration for my honours project is going to see Dad and his fight. I am going to concentrate upon cancer cells, their shape, form, textures and colour combinations. This inspiration will drive me forward and hopefully enable me to create something beautiful from a negative subject.

To enhance primary research I have conducted a survey, over 100 people have replied which for me is absolutely amazing. The link for the survey can be found below:- 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M26QXDT

Back to university on Monday - Dad this is for you kid!! xxx

Dad & I at My brothers wedding - April 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10